RV-02Max Ampfibian 10A-15A 240V Portable Power Adapter
The RV-02Max is the latest update to the Ampfibian power adaptor. It serves three purposes, the first is to make it possible to connect your 15amp device e.g. a caravan, to a standard household powerpoint. The second is to ensure the safety of the users of the power equipment plugged into it from electric shock, and the third is to protect the electric circuit from being overloaded by the device plugged into it.
The RV-02Max incorporates two safety devices, one being earth leakage protection via a Residual Current Device (RCD) and the other an overload device. An RCD is incorporated to protect users from electric shock through faulty devices. An RCD senses the smallest abnormality in the power being consumed by the device and switches off; its sole purpose is to save lives from electrocution.
The overload protection is what makes connecting a 15amp device to a 10amp standard powerpoint possible, as it protects the electrical circuit by switching off if the power being consumed is greater then the circuit's safe level of 10amps.
A common application for the RV-02Max would be with a caravan or motorhome that does not have an RCD device installed. If RCD protection is not installed in the device to be used with the AMPFIBIAN® then the RV-02Max is the model for you.
• IP55 water rating
• Overload (MCB) YES
• Residual Current Device (RCD) YES
• Power Input (Fly lead 1.8m) 10 amp
• Power Output (Socket) 15 amp
• Rugged water resistant design for outdoor use and travel
• Safely connect your 15amp device, e.g. caravan, to domestic outlets
• Overload & Earth leakage protection
• Cleat to secure outlet lead from accidental disconnections
• 1.8m connection lead
• Flip out hook for hanging
• Clear lids for easy inspection
• Owned and made in Australia
• Stylish orange exterior
• Designed for Australian conditions